Although we may attempt to notify you via your email address when major changes are made, you should visit this page
(http://www.linksinabox.com/termsofuse.html) periodically to review the terms. CDS Software BVBA may, in its sole discretion, modify or revise these terms and conditions and policies at any time, and you agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions. If you do not accept and abide by this Agreement, you may not use
the Links In A Box service. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to confer any third party rights or benefits.
- Description of Service. Links In A Box is an web application to categorize
your favorite links from CDS Software BVBA (the "Service"). You understand and agree that the Service may include content-targeted ads or other related information, as further described below. In addition, you understand and agree that the Service is provided on an AS IS and AS AVAILABLE basis.
CDS Software BVBA disclaims all responsibility and liability for the availability, timeliness, security or reliability of the Service.
CDS Software BVBA also reserves the right to modify, suspend or discontinue the Service with or without notice at any time and without any liability to you.
- Personal Use. The Service is made available to you for your personal use only. Due to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (which is available at
http://www.ftc.gov/ogc/coppa1.htm), you must be at least thirteen (13) years of age to use this Service. You must provide current, accurate identification, contact, and other information that may be required as part of the registration process and/or continued use of the Service. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Service password and account, and are responsible for all activities that occur thereunder.
CDS Software BVBA reserves the right to refuse service to anyone at any time without notice for any reason.
- Proper Use. You agree that you are responsible for your own communications and for any consequences thereof. Your use of the Service is subject to your acceptance of and compliance with the Agreement. You agree that you will use the Service in compliance with all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations, including any laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from your country of residence. You shall not, shall not agree to, and shall not authorize or encourage any third party to: (i) use the Service to upload, transmit or otherwise distribute any content that is unlawful, defamatory, harassing, abusive, fraudulent, obscene, contains viruses, or is otherwise objectionable as reasonably determined by
CDS Software BVBA; (ii) upload, transmit or otherwise distribute content that infringes upon another party's intellectual property rights or other proprietary, contractual or fiduciary rights or obligations; (iii) prevent others from using the Service; (iv) use the Service for any fraudulent or inappropriate purpose; or (v) act in any way that violates
the Agreement, as may be revised from time to time. Violation of any of the foregoing may result in immediate termination of this Agreement, and may subject you to state and federal penalties and other legal consequences.
CDS Software BVBA reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to investigate your use of the Service in order to determine whether a violation of the Agreement has occurred or to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
- Content of the Service. CDS Software BVBA takes no responsibility for third party content (including, without limitation, any viruses or other disabling features), nor does
CDS Software BVBA have any obligation to monitor such third party content. CDS
Software BVBA reserves the right at all times to remove or refuse to distribute any content on the Service, such as content which violates the terms of this Agreement.
CDS Software BVBA also reserves the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as it reasonably believes is necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) enforce this Agreement, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues (including, without limitation, the filtering of spam), (d) respond to user support requests, or (e) protect the rights, property or safety of
CDS Software BVBA, its users and the public. CDS Software BVBA will not be responsible or liable for the exercise or non- exercise of its rights under this Agreement.
- Intellectual Property Rights. CDS Software BVBA's Intellectual Property Rights. You acknowledge that
CDS Software BVBA owns all right, title and interest in and to the Service, including without limitation all intellectual property rights (the "CDS
Software BVBA Rights"), and such CDS Software BVBA Rights are protected by
international copyright laws. Accordingly, you agree that you will not copy, reproduce, alter, modify, or create derivative works from the Service. You also agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automated device, or manual process to monitor or copy any content from the Service. The
CDS Software BVBA Rights include rights to (i) the Service developed and provided by
CDS Software BVBA; and (ii) all software associated with the Service. The CDS
Software BVBA Rights do not include third-party content used as part of Service, including the content of communications appearing on the Service.
Your Intellectual Property Rights. CDS Software BVBA does not claim any ownership in any of the content, including any text, data, information, images, photographs, music, sound, video, or other material, that you upload, transmit or store in your Links In A Box account. We will not use any of your content for any purpose except to provide you with the Service.
- Representations and Warranties. You represent and warrant that (a) all of the information provided by you to
CDS Software BVBA to participate in the Services is correct and current; and (b) you have all necessary right, power and authority to enter into this Agreement and to perform the acts required of you hereunder.
- Privacy. CDS Software BVBA understands that privacy is important to you. You do, however, agree that
CDS Software BVBA may monitor, edit or disclose your personal information, including the content of
CDS Software BVBA may be stored and processed in Belgium or any other country in which
CDS Software BVBA or its agents maintain facilities. By using Links In A Box, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
- Advertisements. As consideration for using the Service, you agree and understand that
CDS Software BVBA will display ads and other information adjacent to and related to the content of your email. Links In A Box serves relevant ads using a completely automated process that enables
CDS Software BVBA to effectively target dynamically changing content.
- Account Inactivity. After a period of inactivity, CDS Software BVBA reserves
the right to disable or terminate a user's account. If an account has been
deactivated for inactivity, the email address associated with that account may
be given to another user without notice to you or such other party.
- Publicity. Any use of CDS Software BVBA's trade names, trademarks, service
marks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features ("Brand
Features") must be in compliance with this Agreement. For using Brand Features
you need written authorisation from CDS Software BVBA.
- Termination; Cancellation. You may cancel your use of the Services and/or terminate this Agreement with or without cause at any time by providing notice to
CDS Software BVBA at email@example.com; provided, however, that a terminated account may continue to exist for up to two business days before such cancellation takes effect.
CDS Software BVBA may at any time and for any reason terminate the Services, terminate this Agreement, or suspend or terminate your account. In the event of termination, your account will be disabled and you may not be granted access to your account or any files or other content contained in your account although residual copies of information may remain in our system. Except as set forth above or unless
CDS Software BVBA has previously canceled or terminated your use of the Services (in which case subsequent notice by
CDS Software BVBA shall not be required), if you have provided an alternate email address,
CDS Software BVBA will notify you via email of any such termination or cancellation, which shall be effective immediately upon
CDS Software BVBA's delivery of such notice. Sections 3, 4, 5, 7, and 11 - 13 of the Agreement, along with applicable provisions of the general Terms of Service (including the section regarding limitation of liability), shall survive expiration or termination.
- Indemnification. You agree to hold harmless and indemnify CDS Software BVBA, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and employees from and against any third party claim arising from or in any way related to your use of the Service, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys' fees, of every kind and nature. In such a case,
CDS Software BVBA will provide you with written notice of such claim, suit or action.
construed in accordance with the laws of Belgium, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions or your actual state or country of residence. Any claims, legal proceeding or litigation arising in connection with the Service will be brought solely in
Antwerp, Belgium and you consent to the jurisdiction of such courts.